America, Europe, Africa, Asia all use the same types of vehicles to transport goods from one place to another. This vehicle is namely the truck! There is no better vehicle to have when you need to move small to large payloads around your city or country. Due to the popularity of a truck, truck hire has become a very popular and sort after service.
For those of you currently living in South Africa will know that renting a truck is not that easy and it can be extremely expensive, let us explain to you why this is the case.
Majority of the big truck rental companies in South Africa are anywhere between 30 – 50 years old and yes, when they started operating in business they would hire out vehicles to any individual that was willing to rent a truck. However, over the years these truck rental companies have started to only deal with other companies and they neglect the individuals of South Africa.
At Power Truck Hire, we realised that this mind set does not make business sense and by not offering truck hire solutions to everybody that we were losing out. So we decided to offer truck rental to 3 core markets: Private Individuals, SME’s and corporate companies. We completely changed our outlook on business and now satisfy many different clients from many different sectors.
We aim to create a market place whereby any individual, SME or corporate company can hire the right vehicle at the right price.
5 Truck Rental Tips
Are you looking around for a reliable truck rental service? Here are a few tips that you should look out for when renting a truck.
- Compare a bunch of quotations! Don’t make the mistake of just accepting the first quotation you receive from a truck rental company
- Pore over your quotation, many truck rental companies today tend to construct complicated quotations, so be aware of what you are in for.
- Be on top of your needs and requirements. If you’re looking to rent a truck, then be sure to know how long you will need it for and how many kilometers you will need to travel, also, find out if you are liable for any insurance excesses. Knowing all of these aspects will substantially affect the price and ensure you are not being over quoted.
- Be on the ball with the capacity and payload of your Delivery. There is a wide array of trucks and many companies will quote you for a larger truck than is needed. This hikes up there profits!
- Understand the inclusions and exclusions of your contract, as many truck rental companies today tend to opportunely place hidden costs in there quotations.